Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, im about ready to start changing the inside of my car, i was thinking about
1. Changing my radio lights and such to red, and i read the DIY guide and it seemed pretty straight foward,
2. changing the color of some of my dash....

there-in lies the problem. im not really sure how start this process, and im assuming you paint it but i want the mods to be cheap and relativly easy, focusing more on the easy part, because stuff just seems to go wrong when i try DIY-ing, so i need to be treated like a retard (not really but you get it) and know what i ABSOLUTLY need to do, i dont like guess work, because i guess wrong.

So...... how would i go about the dashboard painting/coloring process because there really isnt a DIY guide.

and just as an after thought, i remember seeing a DIY guide on how to put lights into your cupholders and such, and im wondering if thats a viable, cheap easy thing to do either?

·
Registered
594 Posts
hmm you might beable to find stuff for painting the interior like the trimming or dashboard one website compactsportonly.com has some stuff for interior.The site should be running still I would think.

·
Registered
192 Posts
painting is relatively easy to do. of course you should take the panels out that you wish to paint. when you paint tho, just make sure to use even coats, not over spraying and what not. obviously this a brief explanation. materials needed would be items such as sand paper, rubbing alcohol(cleaning), primer, spray paint of your choice, a clear coat to add depth, shine, and protection. this is a basic list to get you started. a can of paint can run about $5 a can with clear and primer not being far off. i could write up a full DIY but im so tired my eyes wont stay open : )

blkbalt06 added 20 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

adding lights to the cup holders would be incredibly cheap. led lights are cheap, you can get couple prewired led's for a couple bucks or just the lights themselves for well under a dollar. its just a matter of drilling the hole, tapping into a power source, run that wire to a switch, run wire from the switch to the light, then just ground the light to the chassis. simple to do.

·
Registered
257 Posts
just repaint the whole interior...you wont regret it after your done...trust me:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.