Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chevy cobalt which I removed the battery to replace. When going to replace the battery I soon found out that I cannot open the trunk with the key because the lock is seized up and I cannot use jumper cables because there is not a battery connected in the trunk. How else am I able to gain access to the trunk w/o power?

·
Registered
311 Posts
could the key you're using to try to open the trunk be a valet key? ...has it ever been used to open the trunk in past?

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Connect a battery to underhood boost post and ground and press your trunk release button.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
The post is B+, ground should be one of the upper strut mount nuts.

·
Registered
922 Posts
you may be able to get your arm between the rear seat far enough to pull the handle to lower the seat, and open the trunk from the inside with the emergency release handle.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If all else fails...call a locksmith. Might have to bite the bullet & swallow pride here.

Next time leave back seats folded down so you still have trunk area access.

·
Registered
39 Posts
gently pry up the rear deck cover. Once removed you will be able to see the seat lock release cables. Release the seat lock (with the cable or right at the lock) fold the seat down and use the emergency release lever for the trunk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.