Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i've been thinking about this over and over and over and still can't decide on what to do (mods)....so ANY help would be greatly appreciated. here's what my ride looks like...

outside

inside

i'm going to lower it later, i don't have any money to do it right now....daughter takes it all. lol. but right now the ONLY thing i have done is tint, wheels w/tires, subwoofer w/amp (kickers), took off pinstripes from sides and aftermarket radio. so please help, as kind of mentioned before i'm on a TIGHT budget... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
450 Posts
first thing that is practically free: debadge. tint the lights front and rear;not too expensive just time consuming. interior pull off all your plastic trim and paint it; again not too expensive just time consuming. next sell me your old stereo. oopps that won't help you ha ha. sorry mine is trying to die on me. but all of this can wait if you're gonna do engine mods. in that case; intake, exhaust, and jet module, these are pretty expensive but thats about all you need unless you are gonna race.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
like said above painting is cheap. shorty antennas are pretty cheap. i prefer the ark. i think its like $30. and you could do the air box mod. wouldnt cost you anything (just time) unless you change the air filter. heres the link.http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/install-guides-diy/8768-how-airbox-mod-pics.html also lots of ideas in the DIY forum.:bigsmile: oh yeah, the body colored mirror covers were pretty cheap too!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^^, paint your headlight houseing(look at DIY section)

paint the front bowtie black, paint the rest of your tan interior black. Drop your car.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that all sounds fine and dandy...now this is the hard part, which color to use for the inside? i was thinking of painting it yellow along with the calipers. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
450 Posts
yellow is a good color but you have to think about how to keep it clean too. i think it would sort of go with your exterior color, but how much do you like yellow because you're gonna have to stare at it every time you drive.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha i really like yellow but i'm not sure if i can handle "all the time" lol thank you for helping. another comment i got was to just leave it alone. i'm thinking about it...one thing i for sure would like to do is change the gauge face to white with blue lighting. always wanted that. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
any time, we're all here to help. that shouldn't be too hard, search around the site and you can find custom gauge faces and lighting. there is a company that makes the whole package but i can't remember the name right off hand.

·
Registered
96 Posts
easy things that dnt requiere much money wud be debaging... and paint the interior.... its easy afordable and add that certaint personal touch to your car

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any time, we're all here to help. that shouldn't be too hard, search around the site and you can find custom gauge faces and lighting. there is a company that makes the whole package but i can't remember the name right off hand.
are you talking about black cat customs?? yeah it's like 85 dollars...maybe next paycheck. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah thats it. they are a bit on the expensive side but ther look great. and just remember you get what you pay for with things like that. you don't want to install a cheap one and then have it go out and have to do it all over again.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
save ur money for lowering springs. theyre alot of springs going for cheap. like the k sport springs go for 125 i think

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.