Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about ready to start putting some money into my car and have been looking at a bunch of parts. First thing I wanna do is get some cold air flowing. My hearts pretty set on an Injen SP but I keep getting down to that last question and just can't decide. Color. I know it's pretty silly but it makes a big difference to me. Every time I open the hood, I can't decide if I want shiny chrome, or the black to match everything else. Who has the polished finish and is happy with it? Does the finish get messed up quick? Is black just the way to go? Does black look better? And should I not be so quick to grab the Injen SP? Just want to make sure I make the best decision I can with the least amount of money :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I have a polished gmpp intake and it gets dirty, but you just wipe it off and it looks like new again. Black looks like plastic and I hate plastic all over my engine

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I like my K&N typhoon, it goes with any color :)

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
So I'm about ready to start putting some money into my car and have been looking at a bunch of parts. First thing I wanna do is get some cold air flowing. My hearts pretty set on an Injen SP but I keep getting down to that last question and just can't decide. Color. I know it's pretty silly but it makes a big difference to me. Every time I open the hood, I can't decide if I want shiny chrome, or the black to match everything else. Who has the polished finish and is happy with it? Does the finish get messed up quick? Is black just the way to go? Does black look better? And should I not be so quick to grab the Injen SP? Just want to make sure I make the best decision I can with the least amount of money :cheesy:
say NO to chrome! :p Its all what you want, id maybe go with the same color as your car or one that contrasts it. Dont go black,

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would agree, chrome isnt the choice lol. Plus Injen has that funky restriction elbow shape, the k&n has a smooth 90 bend.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
say NO to chrome! :p Its all what you want, id maybe go with the same color as your car or one that contrasts it. Dont go black,
X2!!!!!!!! Match the color with the car color

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, well matching the color to the car color would be black. I guess if I were to go for a contrast color, I would get red. Somewhere down the line, I want to get black rims with red pin striping around the edge. But I digress, do you have a preferred website with those type of color options and good deals such as free shipping? All I've seen you can get is Black and Polished.

Also, I haven't really seen any K&N cold air. I don't want ram air, just personal preference at this point.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
also, make sure your car doesnt have SAI, a little ugly tube on your intake box. then you will be limited

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah, thanks to the great state of New York :evil: I do have SAI. I found a listing on ebay Injen Cold Air Intake Chevy Cobalt 2005 2010 w Short RAM SP7024BLK Polished | eBay with the polished intake, but it's like the best deal I can find and free shipping. I think this one is actually compatible with SAI if I'm not mistaken. I asked the seller, so we'll see. I can't think of what else that big ass port on the polished part is.

Just looking at it, that listing is gonna end soon, but they'll relist it, they always do. Makes this overtime I'm about to work worth it in my mind.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
lol, it's my oil catch can and I haven't had time to find black tubing. Just ignore that! lol

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah, that makes sense, haha. So you are lucky enough to avoid the SAI. I don't know. I think I'm probably just going to end up with chrome because that's what I can find. Also, I think I can get it compatible with the SAI so I don't just filter that off. Where did you get that nice sleek engine cover? I hate all the giant pieces of ugly plastic.

Actually, after looking again, that may be stock. I haven't seen enough to be able to tell but that looks so much better than the giant piece of plastic that goes over half the engine.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
That is the stock valve cover under all the plastic junk. I had it media blasted then put an entire can of clear over the top!!

If you have the SAI isn't K n N the only co that sells a compatible intake?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the way it's starting to seem. I'm starting to lean toward the K&N now that I've been looking at all the info. It's okay, there's more options to buy from and it's a little cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
This is all a matter of taste and opinion, but in my eyes, I couldn't care less for aesthetics, as long as the damn thing works. I have the chrome Injen CAI SP, but my decision to purchase it was based on reviews and price/shipping and not so much the look. But don't let me or anyone else tell you what to like or change your preference, go with what makes you happy, just keep in mind that at the end of the day, colour is just colour, and nothing more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.