Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

How should I do my dash trim?

• Vinyl wrap the trim with plain vinyl. Comment with color.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions on Dash Trim

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  metalsk8er 
#1 ·
Ok so next weekend I'm going to do something with the dash trim in my SS. I have a few options and I just want a few opinions on them.

1. Color match the trim to the car, imperial blue.
2. Vinyl wrap the trim with plain vinyl basically any color, either white or blue.
3. Vinyl wrap the trim with 3D carbon fiber vinyl, basically any color. I'm thinking dark blue.

Any thoughts?

#2 ·
really nobody?

#5 ·
JMO, but color matching to an accent color with vehicle is my choice. Sometimes owners get a tad flashy with bright colors, or simply don't know how to color match. Good luck with your project and post pics so we can see your work/effort.

#7 ·
I color matched my LS trim. I think I might color match it. I'm going to color match a set of Gen 1 projectors, so I might just get some extra imperial blue paint, and do the trim as well.

#6 ·
leave it stock :)

#10 ·
Pretty sure I'm going to color match it. probably right abot the same time I'm going to open up my old gen 1's clean and paint the housings, either white or color match them. and put some new lenses on them.

#12 ·
I've painted about 4 sets, it's really not hard.... and if you mess up, you let it dry sand it, and re do it.

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

I can paint it for you, if you cover paint and shipping plus a few bucks.

#14 ·
too bad I live in Canada and shipping anything is so expensive over the boarder lol. I'm thinking about either skinning my trim in real CF with white/black weave or getting color matched paint/high gloss automotive clear coat and running it through my HPLV gun.

but out of those options you posted VIPER I'd def. paint it.

#15 ·
Do you mean HVLP gun? LOL I'm an aviation mechanic. I basically work on sheet metal, hydraulics, tires, breaks, and painting. Any time I need to paint anything I take it to work. I going to paint it, I'll be picking up some paint this week and possibly starting my headlights this weekend.

#17 ·
I'm thinking blue, but we'll see when I get them apart what I can really do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.