Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to paint my engine bay. This is my vision. It's a quick photoshop job, the yellow will match the K&N intake (VHT paint) so try to pretend it does in the picture. ;)

yes I know I'm a geek, but I think it'd be pretty cool. I'm open to other ideas as well. That's just what I envisioned.

I will eventually paint my valve cover too. I'm just not at that point yet.

Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

sorry I kind of titled the thread a little rudely. didn't mean for it to come off rash.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would just paint the valve cover yellow, it looks a little over done with the engine cover.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's the insignia of the jedi order. I'm not 100% yet on that specific insignia either, but its most likely gonna be that.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I'll probably just get it done anyhow. I suppose if it looks bad, I'll just toss the cover. No harm in using the blank canvas while I got it though. lol

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suppose most think its soooo bad they wont even post a comment. I'll think it over a bit before doing it then. Maybe I'll come up with a better idea.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I think it looks kewl. The symbol is awesome too, although I had no idea it was Star Wars. At least you did not use Star Trek. lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Im not a huge fan of so much yellow. I think it'd be better with some black higlights of some sort

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
How bout you take that hunk of plastic off and toss it in the garbage....just my opinion.

And then paint the valve cover.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How bout you take that hunk of plastic off and toss it in the garbage....just my opinion.

And then paint the valve cover.
it's just boring to me. I've got an economy I-4, its nothing really "open the hood worthy"

Its not to say painted doesn't look a whole lot better than stock, but I'm just feeling for ideas on something different.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You could paint it yellow on certain parts like those four humps on the cover and the lettering or something of the nature.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You know, dirt and dust will show up on that very easily. I wouldn't expect your engine bay to look "pretty" on account of that factor.

If you didn't have that issue, it might look good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.