Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being as I just purchased a 03 GT I need to know if it will beat a SS BAlt. They share the same HP (260) Not sure what the ss balt does for torque but the GT is 302ft lb. So post up your thoughts on this one and please be honest. I dont care either way, I am just wandering. Oh and I am speaking of the SS/TC when it comes to HP ratings.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I have raced two, one was an '04 and the other an '02. Beat them both, at the time I was just stage II and alittle better than the stock stgII tune. The '04 I raced from a 35-40 roll up to 120 or so. On take off I just pulled like a mofo, strong 2nd gear and he started to get about a car away around 90 and it just stayed like that till he flashed his lights. The '02 was from a dig, he got me off the line but I rolled him in and passed him and put a half car or so. I also raced an '05 GT and an '07 GT, out of the 3 races against the '05 I won twice, all from digs. The '07 was on the hwy in PA, he tried to blow by me in the right lane and I got on it as he got beside and stayed with him and began to pull, than let out and he kept going like a jackass into traffic. So when it cleared I got back on it and he was in the left lane so I moved over to the right about 10 cars behind and as I got about 2 cars away I hear him get back on it but I still caught up and passed him.

Hope that helps, my car now is around 240-50whp, trq is probably off by 10-15hp. This is without using nitrous btw. All stangs but the '07 were manuals.

·
Registered
455 Posts
haha not that i'm saying you guys are wrong, i was just thinking how this would have gone completely the opposite way if it were a mustang forum lol.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
cobalt hands down

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.