Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2008 Cobalt LT I want a 2010 SS or atleast an 08 SS. Whould this be a good trade I mean I bought the LT for 10,000 still making payments on it but I want an SS bad. Would it be worth it I know Insurance and Payments will go up but it cant be that much... Let me know what you guys think?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I don't think there is any real way to give a good opinion on this. It depends on how "upside down" you are on your current ride, how much the SS is, how much the interest is, how much the insurance is going to increase, etc... If all things were equal I would say heck yeah, but all things will not be equal.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
never trade a cobalt for a cobalt.
not worth trading in ur 08 for a 10 thats gonna drop value faster than u can breathe.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

upside down sucks. especially since the economoy isnt all that hot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I should keep the 08 and just mod it out I wanted to Turbo it and make it look like an SS

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Unless you do internal work, the LT won't be faster than a SS/TC.

That being said, a supercharger setup can make the LT faster than most SS/SC's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yea me to, i want an ss but it might be to late to get one, it probable would have been cheaper in the long run to have bought that one first. ut i want mine to look like an ss and fix it.. soon

·
Registered
280 Posts
How many miles do you have on it?

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
So I should keep the 08 and just mod it out I wanted to Turbo it and make it look like an SS

very easy to do and u can do it as u get the cash.. u saved money in the beginning by not getting an ss so turning it into one for less is the way to go.

i got my 2.4 ss for 12k and ive put around 5k into it to make it look like it is now as well as boosting it.. the final amount ive spent in total is prolly like 7 or 8k but alot of that comes from selling stuff i had to get newer items lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I took my car in today to see how much the trade in value is and its $7000.00 and they even told me to keep the interior blue!! im so happy right now this gives me the opportunity to get an SS probably not brand new but at least an 08 or 09 used with low miles..

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Just check your insurance before buying. It is amazing what the difference that 2 letters or a brand makes. That is one of the reasons I got an LS, cheaper insurance and when you mod a vehicle the insurance compnay never knows, at least until it gets a claim filed on it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Being your in Michigan and not too far from me, I'd look into Nationwide or Allied Insurance. My rate is only $555 for a 6 month policy. That's full coverage and I bought my car brand new in 09.

·
Registered
435 Posts
From an 02 Taurus SEL to a 2010 Coupe 2LT, my car payment's $30 more/month and insurance $20 more....which is not a huge difference. So and SS/TC could be slightly more.

I'm an wussy auto guy so i'd rather TCed the 2.2 and call it a day lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright guys well I decided on keeping the LT and putting a turbo in it and making it look like an SS would be cheaper in my situation

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Alright guys well I decided on keeping the LT and putting a turbo in it and making it look like an SS would be cheaper in my situation
You don't even need to make it look like an SS if you want to troll the **** out of people.

"Oh... it's just a LT... we'll smoke hi---HOLY SHIT".

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, depending on what you still owe, you might not get enough to pay it off on the trade in, or just enough to pay it off, so lets say you are looking at a $20,000 loan vs. your current 10k loan, That would double your monthly payment, not to mention your insurance might go up a $100 per month. I would at least ask your insurance person what it would change to so you know what to expect and it might help the decision.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.