Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new hood not painted I want to have the hood wrapped in carbon fiber my cobalt is sunburst orange and I saw online that they have orange carbon fiber I was wondering how close the 2 colors would be or if i should just go with black carbon fiber wrap I was thinking of doing some of the interior trim in the orange carbon fiber also :wondering:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you want to see how closely it matches then you might be better off picking up a sample piece and comparing the color. Most places have small sample pieces for pretty cheap

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It will never match because they are 2 different materials. As long as it is the right tint. To many black fiber hoods, be different.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you I am stuck in the hospital still :cry: so I can't go and get a sample piece if there is anyone on here that has a orange cobalt and access to orange carbon fiber samples could let me know how they look together or could post a pic I would really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it looks good together I will do the hood and maybe the trunk I will do some of the interior in it like the center console and the part around the radio and if possible I would like to do the door panel inserts this site is the best everyone has been so helpful I cant thank everyone enough :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
i know your in the hospital and this is a little off topic, but i think we all would love to see pics of the orange beast with the butterfly doors, not only is the orange cobalt my fav color but it would be awesome to see some pics of the mods you are getting done to this thing, can we hope to see a thread with some pics?

P.S. if its too much don't worry about it i know its rough being stuck in the hospital for a while.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can try to I will see if my friend Doug, who has done most of the work on it can send the pics to my phone of what has been done so far :) so far the doors are done to give me more room to get in and out of it easier with my wheelchair the hand controls are installed and i did the dash lights with the orange led's (I wont know till sat if I got all the led's in correctly :worried:) I have orange and black seat covers in it and I want to paint the interior all black with orange carbon fiber around the radio , center console and the door inserts and on the hood I want to paint the wheels satin black I am looking for some (cheap) used lowering springs because I really want to lower it I just love how good the cobalts look lowered when its all done and I get out I will have to get the courage to drive it

·
Registered
266 Posts
its always rough after being in a wreck (especially a wreck of the magnitude you were in), but i think you'll be fine, you toughed it out through all the crap in the hospital and your even fixing parts in your room there, i think you'll do fine when you get in it, the cobalt is a great car and it will take care of you well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you Maple man I didn't think it would bother me to drive again but I really am scared but I'm sure once I open the door and clime in I will be so excited that I will forget about my fears I cant thank everyone on here enough this site has gotten me through some tough times by looking at every ones cars and reading all the different post witch has given me so many good ideas and taught me so much I just hope that some day I can help some one on here like all of you have helped me :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
i think everyone agrees we all have an area where we are proficient (unless your coby and you know almost everything) we all help each other learn more, none of us started off knowing it all and someday youll be at the point to help others. just take your time, keep asking and posting, youll get there lol

thats the lifeblood of this forum is people helping people and thats how it should be, we argue sometimes and give each other crap sometimes but we are all in it to help the others succeed, just keep at it. :nuts:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.