Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all!

Just ordered my springs. Decided to go with the B&G S2 springs, since most of you on here that have em have good feedback, and those things drop beautifully. I plan on buying a set of fe5 TC shocks and struts to go with it. I imagine that since the SS is lower than my ls, that they are made to damp slightly lower springs as well. I'm assuming then that the fe5 TC shocks/struts would last longer with the lowering springs than the stock Ls shocks/struts. Will the springs settle differently on the fe5 shocks/struts? and difference in performance? can't wait to get this done :D

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
My guess would be that they would not settle any differently but i don't know for a fact. and I'm sure they are going to give you better handling. I have been on My B&G's for maybe a month or something now and I'm still on factory struts/shocks and everything is great so far. Welcome to the club! lol

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

btw make yourself a garage.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess would be that they would not settle any differently but i don't know for a fact. and I'm sure they are going to give you better handling. I have been on My B&G's for maybe a month or something now and I'm still on factory struts/shocks and everything is great so far. Welcome to the club! lol

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

btw make yourself a garage.
Thanks can't wait to install them! I'll make a garage once I'm able to get more updated pics. Gonna wait to put my mags on until suspension is done and weather permits. I also got quite a few other projects on the go for the spring. Won't be long :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
You aren't going to have as much of a drop if you put them on FE5 struts/shocks. Different compression. Pretty high handling upgrade though.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give u the link. I know their feedback score is on the low side but i've dealt with ebay a ton, and I asked them all the right questions before ordering. They shipped the springs WITH a tracking number literally 20 minutes after they received payment, and were relatively fast at responding to my questions etc. I know neverenoughauto had some on ebay too but they wanted $247 plus $69 shipping to Canada, so I figure $210 including shipping to Canada was pretty good deal :D here's the link;

B&G BG S2 Sport Springs 05-09 Chevy Cobalt ON SALE!! : eBay Motors (item 300404671711 end time Mar-15-10 10:10:05 PDT)

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

You aren't going to have as much of a drop if you put them on FE5 struts/shocks. Different compression. Pretty high handling upgrade though.
you sure about that? the fe5 struts/shocks are damped for slightly lower springs, plus the weight of the car should compress them to about the same height as stock shocks/struts I think, but maybe a small difference....we'll see I guess. Anyways how much of a loss in drop do you think I would see compared to cobaltkatsu for example? cuz that's the drop i'm looking for about...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll give u the link. I know their feedback score is on the low side but i've dealt with ebay a ton, and I asked them all the right questions before ordering. They shipped the springs WITH a tracking number literally 20 minutes after they received payment, and were relatively fast at responding to my questions etc. I know neverenoughauto had some on ebay too but they wanted $247 plus $69 shipping to Canada, so I figure $210 including shipping to Canada was pretty good deal :D here's the link;

B&G BG S2 Sport Springs 05-09 Chevy Cobalt ON SALE!! : eBay Motors (item 300404671711 end time Mar-15-10 10:10:05 PDT)

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------
I got mine from slickcar.com for 214.69 shipped. here's the link
Chevrolet Cobalt 2005-2009 B&G S2 Sport Lowering Springs-Chevy Lowering Springs
thanks

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.