Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm too afraid to lower lol. My last car was a Dodge Neon SXT and I cracked the front bumper because it's so low. If I do it again it would make me sick to my stomach lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
x2 on the lowering (duh-u'd hear it from me, lol)

i love those rims! they're gonna be hawt!

EDIT: that excuse doesnt work mister. LOOK at my car, its lower than u'd be going anyways & yeah... you can do it! lol

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
x2 on the lowering (duh-u'd hear it from me, lol)

i love those rims! they're gonna be hawt!

EDIT: that excuse doesnt work mister. LOOK at my car, its lower than u'd be going anyways & yeah... you can do it! lol
Haha...I'll consider going lowered just to make you happy lobalt...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
nice rims can't wait to see them installed and with YOUR CAR LOWERED! (wink wink lobalt)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
cool man I do enjoy those rims! how bout these work emotion knockoffs

paint those bronze and you got tits everywhere. +40 offset but with a 5mm spacer you're in business. sorry, just drooling over jdm crap:cheesy:

·
Registered
166 Posts
i love the Drag wheels, i was thinkin bout gettin them without the red stripe tho. my buddy has them on his civic hatchback si so it pops the si out lol. but when it comes to the tire... just not my cup of tea there. id go yokohama Sdrive for the small size and yk520s if your gonna bump up to a 215. But great place to get the new rims from man :) :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
cool man I do enjoy those rims! how bout these work emotion knockoffs

paint those bronze and you got tits everywhere. +40 offset but with a 5mm spacer you're in business. sorry, just drooling over jdm crap:cheesy:
dude man you gotta watch those spacers tho! they are dangerous and malible or w/e. if you take your car to any discount tire they arent gonna touch your car if they see those spacers if they do take off a wheel their gonna take the spacer off. they dont let a torque wrench accurately torque cause they can be compressed. and the larger spacers = less threads for your lugs to hold properly. just thowin in my 2 cents there. i love the idea and ive seen +40 with spacers. but id just be carefull...

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
those rims are nice man!! i like em....

and Electric05 i know spacers aren't everyones cup of tea but they are not bad if installed right.. and you can get longer studs... and good spacers do not compress any..

·
Registered
821 Posts
They are gonna look sweet! I like simple rims with easy lines.... makes the car look SLIQ lol..... for some reason I just hate rims that have bumps, hard corners/edges, and a bunch of rivets everywhere...... you picked an awesome set of rims..... as for tires, rubber is rubber is rubber to me..... tires are over rated IMO--I will never drive street or track at a level of performance where rubber is gonna make a whole lot of difference anyway.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
dude man you gotta watch those spacers tho! they are dangerous and malible or w/e. if you take your car to any discount tire they arent gonna touch your car if they see those spacers if they do take off a wheel their gonna take the spacer off. they dont let a torque wrench accurately torque cause they can be compressed. and the larger spacers = less threads for your lugs to hold properly. just thowin in my 2 cents there. i love the idea and ive seen +40 with spacers. but id just be carefull...
I know you gotta be careful but anyone installing spacers over 5mm without grade 8 extended lugs is asking for trouble. I almost facepalmed this post, not trying to be an ass but it seems like you're just against proper fitment and this is a big issue in the cobalt scene. it is a good precaution though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.