Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
im not a big fan of CF but i like that wing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i liked that wing before i got the hi rise but i want to change my blade out for the carbon one

·
Registered
720 Posts
I like the idea of a CF hood and trunk lid, but not with a CF wing as well. I'd do one or the other for the trunk lid and spoiler. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't mind buying a CF stock-style hood and a CF trunk lid for my car, but I don't have that kind of money.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I like the idea of a CF hood and trunk lid, but not with a CF wing as well. I'd do one or the other for the trunk lid and spoiler. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't mind buying a CF stock-style hood and a CF trunk lid for my car, but I don't have that kind of money.
you took the words right out of my mouth!:amazed:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might not do the wing. But im getting the trunk though. THe hood im going to sell for 500 though. Ive only had it for 6 months i Paid 825 for it from GroundDynamics.com. It's a VIS CF hood. I found one with more vents in it. Has one in middle and 2 on each side

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
besides being lighter, is there any advantage to carbon fiber? and can you paint it to match?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
besides being lighter, is there any advantage to carbon fiber? and can you paint it to match?
Not really.. They are mostly just for looks and a little weight reduction. You can paint carbon fiber. But if you want to color match, just get a fiberglass hood. Will be cheaper and almost as light.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Painted carbon fiber looks pretty cool though when you are getting it to somewhat match your car. I thought there was a red SS/NA on CSS.net that recently added one. If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he's in New Jersey or New York or somewhere on the east coast.

·
Registered
802 Posts
cody you should let me make payment's to you for the hood... cuz you know i want it damnit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.