• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkng of having everyones first name under our avatar. Like this we can call each other's name instead of user name like 4dr-ls, gcobalt and so one. Makes it better and makes the forum more of a family oriented place.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
I was thinkng of having everyones first name under our avatar. Like this we can call each other's name instead of user name like 4dr-ls, gcobalt and so one. Makes it better and makes the forum more of a family oriented place.
Agreed 110 percent im behide u man

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
eh, i dont like it.
good idea, but wont be very useful.

by calling people by their username, people can relate to who they EXACTLY are.
if someone has a name like "nosfuratu9" and you call him "mike", no one is going to relate "mike" to "nosfuratu9", especially new people.

and when we say mike, you know how many mikes there are? lol
i voted bad idea.

lets stick to saying, gcobalt05, hailcesar, 4dr-ls. easier to put the username with the car IMO.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wHatever new member signs up their first name will automatically will be by their avatar. It will no be an option for them. Just like having a username

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well usually when some one has to call someone by name it's usually in the same thread and within a couple posts behind. It shouldn't be that hard or cunfusing.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Well usually when some one has to call someone by name it's usually in the same thread and within a couple posts behind. It shouldn't be that hard or cunfusing.
once agian i agree. You could still use there avatar name it will just be nice to see people real names

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Agree. With a username like mine, it's a no-brainer. I think the first-name basis would work well here. Not sure if ADMIN can do it or not... There are different limits to different types of forum software.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
truth is even if it was a requirement to put your first name under your avatar...you could still put another ficticious/made-up name there...

·
Registered
455 Posts
if we're going to do that what's the point in having a username? wouldn't it be simpler just to have your name be your username too?

·
Registered
802 Posts
i think it a good idea... and for people that dont want there name there it's not like you have to have it there.. it's kinda a win win situation..

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
sure, why not, then people can still call people by their screen name if they really want, or by their real name, which will make the site more personal. sounds good to me i voted yes

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah... kinda good idea, makes it more of a family... lol... cuz i know alot of yalls names... plus, then ppl would know im female. HAHAHAHA eh... i guess its an 'if ya want to' type thing... like, most of yall know i'm Christy, but the new guys dont... and in 'real life' lobalt is my car, not me... lol

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
chill. Nice name btw

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
is that something you relly want eespically on a car site?:suspicious:
but i thinks its a cool idea as long as users that didnt want it could opt out.but like me its pretty clear what my name is already.
yeah... ive been on YC for about 6 months now & honeslty... there's not alot of ehumping here, so im good w/ it. PLUS... i did all this work to my car myself, just showing that girls can, in fact, do this stuff too... and i get tired of ppl callin me "man" or "dude"... haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.