Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Cobalt LS. Only problem i have had prior to this is the cooling fan wont turn on, so it will overheat if idling for 30 min. I got into the car over the weekend and it wouldnt crank. The fuel gauge stayed on empty, i also had a message on the dash that said power steering, and another said low fuel (plenty of gas). All i heard was the solenoid click. I grumbled a minute and tried again, not even a click. It was acting the same as my monte carlo did with a security lockout, but there was no security light on the dash. I checked the solenoid by jumping the crank relay, the motor turned over like a champ. But would not start, i never heard the fuel pump prime. I have checked all of the fuses, nothing looked bad. I used a cheap obd2 scanner to check for any codes, it read u0100. I looked at the igniton start switch, since that cause a similar issue in another cobalt i used to have (Minus the trouble code). That made the security light come on. Only now it will not clear, i have tried all the reset methods i could find online, no luck. I began to wonder if it was a the ignition switch and swapped it anyway. Still cannot get the security light to go away. I only have one key, no fob, and the power locks dont work. Dealership said all recalls have been repaired on that vin number. To bring it to them, i work for a living, so i cannot afford the stealership.
Anyone have any ideas? Im ripping my hair out over this since it leaves my girl stranded at home with a 2 year old, and a 3 month old.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like your battery died....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your battery died....
I have checked the battery, it is good, tried to jump it, even put it on a charger, it said it was fully charged.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check fuses, including the one in the trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.