Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has probably come up a million times but I haven't found anything on it. So I recently had to replace the flange on my exhaust. I took it off the car and welded an aftermarket piece on that uses mesh instead of the flex. Now, I am getting a p0141 and a P0036 also when I come to a stop the car idles down really low to about 500 Rpm and the lights dim down and come back. I replaced the sensor and reset the code but am still getting the same problems.

Thinking it could be the ECM going bad, any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I would check the harness going to the downstream HO², rare to get the sensor and the heater fail at the same time. Your mechanic may have severed a wire when pulling the pipe.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i dont know about the codes but the idling down and loss of power sounds like the throttle body might need cleaned, i had issues with mine a while back, it was idling down and the lights would dim slightly and then the RPMs would kick back up and the lights would get bright. i took the throttle body off and cleaned it real good and its been fine since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.