Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
This may sound strange, but does your car stink? What I mean is does it have any kind of strange odor to it after it fully warms up and you are driving around?

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you have a catless downpipe or even a highflow cat the odds are that that's the reason why you're throwing that code. A tune can fix that. You're o2 sensor that runs on your header may need to be replaced also.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hp tuners have no support for the 2.2. You would need to go with trifecta. I would try replacing your o2 sensor first and see what happens seeing that your code is saying bank 1

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Before you get to doing a tune you might want to look at the cat for physical damage or discoloration. A lot of shops can also test o2 sensors pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hp tuners have no support for the 2.2. You would need to go with trifecta. I would try replacing your o2 sensor first and see what happens seeing that your code is saying bank 1
I wouldn't replace the o2 sensor. They're $80. Ain't cheap. If u still have ur stock dp then I would try installing that and check to see if the code pops up. You will have to clear it tho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.