Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ole so I have P0011 P0014 and P0017 codes all popping up and a ticking noise when I rev up. TIMING CHAIN IS BRAND NEW. I just replaced it. I also replaced Exhaust actuator solenoid. I had a rod knock so the connecting rod bearings have also been replaced. Now I have these three codes popping up with the ticking noise starting around 1100+ RPMs.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

The only thing I’ve noticed that seems different in any way is because it’s a VVT, it has the different cam gears and they have oil that leaks out near the center bolt when I turn the crankshaft. I don’t know if this is normal.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe you forgot to connect the crank position sensor. Those 3 codes tell me the ECM doesn't know where the cams are sitting in correlation with the crankshaft.

P0011 Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance ECM
P0014 Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance ECM
P0017 Crankshaft Position (CKP) - Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) Correlation - ECM, PCM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m going out to double check that now. Also, Is There A simple way to check the timing without removing the cover again. Someone seems to think because I released the tensioner piston BEFORE I installed that maybe it caused issues and ya out of time again.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Yes crank sensor is still plugged in. I forgot, I never even unplugged the crank sensor. It’s very hard to get to under the filter.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I just check resistance one Exhaust and intake solenoid actuators and the Exhaust one reads 12.3 ohms and the I take fluctuates between 13.6 ohms and 14.9 ohms. The Exhaust one is brand new and the intake is the old one. Would this cause my issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.