Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC with the following mods:
3" ZZP CAI
ZZP midlength header/downpipe combo
3" pulley
60# injectors
1 step colder NGK
ZZP tune

So basically Stage II. After the install everything was good and running great. 1 week later I got the CEL which was of course for lean condition. When I bought the car it had the 3" pulley already but was running on stock injectors which you think would have made it very lean but never had CEL. I contacted ZZP to see if it could possibly be something in the tune but they said check for vaccum leaks. So im going to have a smoke test done next week but was trying to see who else has had this issue with a ZZP tune as well. No real change in the way the car is running and mpg has not really changed. I dont have the funds for a wideband to monitor the AFR but i am absolutlely going to get one soon. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang man I'm in the same boat. I just threw the p0171 code today it's been like 60 miles since I did the stage 3. Grrrr. I had a CAI and exhaust with stock tune and it had a lean code and MAF code for a while. But now with the tune im kinda upset that the CEL comes on...
Please post if you come across any solution, and I shall do the same. Best of luck

·
Registered
960 Posts
Check for VAC leaks or boost leaks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sc1247

Same thing here, on my friend's 05 SS/SC we put a ZZP Stage3 on in November he still has the P0171 and my bone stock 07 SS/SC just popped one Saturday.
Anyone had a fix yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.