Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a radiator/condenser swap and oil change on a 05 2.2 Cobalt. During the process, the nozzle from the Air Cleaner Outlet Duct for the PCV hose broke off, so we replaced it with a junkyard part, but we are not detecting any leaks. The replacement duct came off of a Pontiac, but it is interchangeable, shows the exact same part number etched in and looks exactly the same. After the fact, I feel like the extended screw to clamp over the MAF feels like it disappears behind the side cover and makes it more difficult to access than when I took it off...

After about 50 miles the car started jerking and hesitating during acceleration. With the gas pedal to the floor its usually a very slow start before finally accelerating. Also, while at a complete stop, and usually when shifting from park into drive or reverse, the speedometer jumps up to 10-15 mph. The radio volume will come on only during the jumps in power. The Cobalt is throwing the P0171 code.

To troubleshoot we took the intake apart, replaced some worn hose clamps, and put things back on nice and tight. We disconnected and reconnected the battery. It drove great for about five minutes before the exact same problem started right back up again. I've read quite a few similar symptoms and resolutions, but I'm just not quite sure where to start for the best probability of resolving this. Any ideas or experiences are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, first time poster in this forum, since this was my friend's car. But all issues solved, so here's the info for future searchers:

The lower hose clamp on the air cleaner outlet duct is reversed for certain models. Just snip off all the nubs and tighten the clamp back on as is.

We had to add a ground wire to the TCM. Lots of YouTube videos on this.

Replaced the VSS. Inspected the wiring, and found no issues. Zip tied all wiring away from sharp/hot surfaces.

Opened transmission fluid check valve. Fluid was significantly overfilled. (recent private sale used car purchase)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts