Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently picked up another Cobalt, a 2008 LT Sedan. It's not a perfect car, but for $810 I figured it'd be a good vehicle to learn stick on.

Throwing P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire. It's only noticeable at idle. From what I've read into, it seems to have low enough compression in that cylinder for it to misfire at idle without effecting drivability. I'll do dry and wet compression tests at some point to verify, but given how it turns over (3 slow, 1 fast TDC hits when cranking at WOT) I'm almost certain it's low compression.

Also, the airbag light comes on about 30 seconds after starting the car. It didn't do this the first two drives I took it on, but came on (along with TPMS light, which is low priority problem) later. The passenger airbag stays off whether or not it is occupied - is this a bad sensor in the passenger seat? Or some other fault?

It's not my primary car (I have a 2006 LS Sedan for that) so I'd like to avoid the shop wherever I can in the interest of keeping costs down.
Also, we also have another 2008 LT that I can swap parts from to troubleshoot, I just don't know what parts should be swapped around in the process.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check the connection under the passenger seat. People often vacuum without looking under the seat and hit this connector, it may just be disconnected or a broken or pulled wire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.