Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New plugs, plug boots, new coil setup, new injector, new crank sensor. 06 2.2 ls what's left compression was 150 across the board.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Unfortunately P0303 is often a ghost code. The GM PCM and ECM have a software glitch where if it doesn't know what code to put out it puts out P0303 even if you don't have a misfire on cylinder 3. You will probably find an HO² on the verge of failing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I decided for piece of mind that I'm taking it down to get it crushed nothing would make me happier at this point then to see that.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Pretty drastic approach for a ghost code.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

If the car runs put a piece of black tape over the CEL light and drive it.

Reactions: Parthros

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tape is no good for long term in Ontario with Drive Clean, you can only do that for 2 yrs until you need to pass the test.... So then you have to get it fixed as you can't even take the test now with a check engine code. Or you have to spend an ungodly amount of money to get a conditional pass which means you can't sell the car because a car can't be transferred with a conditional pass... Then in 2 yrs you have to start all over again.

So a lot of cars get crushed because people can't afford to fix or figure out the problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It is probably an HO² getting close to being out of limits, it will eventually set a real code. Whenever you get a P030*code you should always check the misfire count. Any P030* code with no misfire count has to be a false code. 05s to 07s were prone to give out a P0303 even with no misfire count on cylinder 3. GM seems to have remedied the software since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.