Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not have a camshaft position sensor in my 2005 2.2 but I am getting this error?

Update: I believe it is my ignition coil module again.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Be sure to also check your plugs and get this misfire taken care of soon. A misfire on your 05 Cobalt can smoke your catalytic converter in little time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would only use the Iridium spark plugs, then work backwards. A new module is around $60. Why waste money on used? The entire coil pack new is over $100 but if it's bad that is not a terrible price.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My daughter picked up 3 within as many weeks from either a zone or o smilies, before we found a stable one. Good thing it was warranted both times.
A used one has little to guarantee for$30
That and a fresh set of ACDelco original plugs...and her problem with misfires went away until she lost the car due to cranilrectitus

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should I just put new ac delco spark plugs in first to see if it fixes the problem? Then replace the igm if it still occurs?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes. The last time I changed out 86k iridium plugs, they looked as good as the new ones I was putting in. All they were was discolored from combustion but in perfect condition. On my '05 Sunfire with 50k I left them alone as they looked so good. Platinum plugs are needed for the waste-fire ignition systems. That is where one coil fires two cylinders at a time. One is the on the power stroke and one is on the exhaust stroke. The polarity reverses between the two and that erodes the plug rapidly. Platinum was the first metal to resist that but Iridium does a much better job. The Platinum plugs "should" have worked OK so I am thinking a new module is indicated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts