Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals!

My 2008 Cobalt LT (2.2 motor) has been throwing a check engine light regarding the secondary air system for about a month now, Multiple codes regarding it. Valve failed or seized causing water to get to the pump which too failed.

This week, i decided to fix it, i bought a new smog pump and a new check valve.
i swapped out both parts valve and pump.
Only code i get now is P0411.

when starting the car now the pump is active and i can hear it. i do not think i hear the valve opening or closing (i dont think its getting any power). the only code i am now getting is a P0411.(incorrect flow)

how can i test to see if the valve is working properly? what tests/checks can i perform regarding relays and fuses.

the smog pump fuse and relay are listed in the fuse box but i am unable to determine if the valve has its own fuse.

i am not getting the common sound of the valve opening and closing (tone change) with the air pump running and the system completing its cycle.

TLDR: how can i test the valve and its fuses; which fuses to check for the valve. how can i check the valve to ensure it is working with a 12volt power on its terminal.

has anyone encountered this before; P0411 code after a new valve and a smog pump?

i appreciate it thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dear Gopi: I am sorry to say that I do not have the answer. I do have a 2008 Chevy Cobalt LS with 2.2L Ecotec and also a P0411 Code (problem with Secondary Air System). Like you, I see absolutely no reduction in power, driveability, etc. , just the warning light on. Again, sorry not to help, but I would also like to know what to test and how. I have a 2005 Chevy Cobalt Repair Manual (PDF) which I can share with you and if the answer is buried in there, appreciate if you can let me know what you find out. The manual I have runs over 4,000 pages (Isn't that amazing?). I was going to research the Manual but haven't had time yet. Maybe we should both have a look. Or, if someone responds with the answer, that would be nice. Just out of curiosity, what were the other Codes you were throwing? I would hate to leave it until I get a failed pump and the damage escalates. I made the mistake on my old Toyota Sienna of letting problems go unfixed and it ended up killing the Van. Best, Reuben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts