Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the air hose was disconnected at the bottom of the motor coming from the air cleaner assembly before the tranny swap no idea how many months so I made sure it was put on after the install but now the car keeps throwing the p0418 and I can't find too much on that exact code never had it before

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before i just start throwing parts at this no one has any ideas of how to test this type of thing for the secondary air pump check engine light?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
P0418 Secondary Air Injection System Relay ‘A" Circuit Malfunction . That's pretty much it. Somedody on here already went through that hell. If you search you might fall on his thread. I think he ended up changing the pump.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well I seem to have it figured out. The code isn't for the pump it's self but the circuit that controls it. So incase anyone gets this code I'll post what to do a short version. First is go to pin 14 on the larger plug of the ecu and back probe turn on the key then tap the wire on a grounding surface that should engage the pump if not check the 40 amp fuse that is for the pump and check the relay if both check out then open the fuse block on the lower left (closest to the front of the car and the passengerside) of the fuse plug you will see a brown wire (the same brown wire from the ecu test the wire from both ends make sure it isn't broke. Then check the pin that slides into said brown wire from the fuse block make sure it's not bent or corroded like mine was. Anyway I hope that make sense check fuse check relay back probe pin 14 on the ecu 72 pin connector turn the key to on ground it if it doesn't turn the pump on check the brown wire from ecu pin 14 to pin c2 of plug 1 on the fuse block and inspect pins for corrosion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.