Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i drive a 2010 cobalt lt 2.2 eng, and i recently got a check engine light. went to autozone used their obd, it ended up being P0641. and eventually the check engine light came back.
and ive looked at other posts about this and some say the problem could be a blown fuse. i will say i have been using my high beams more recently as my right headlight is out, and i havent had time to go replace it. could excessive use of my high beams cause a blown fuse, resulting in p0641? or would it be a sensor or my pcm?
i hope that doesnt sound dumb i dont know if high beams are something that could be related to this code. im new to this.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Several posts on this. Low reference voltage on circuit A.
Look for chafed wires from ECM to MAP, FTP, A/C, APP, and CMP. And test for 5V reference voltage on each sensor.
Search here for P0641 and

·
Registered
32 Posts
Since that code is electrical and so is the headlight, I would for sure check to see why the headlight is out. If it's something other than a burned out bulb you have to fix and eliminate that as the problem first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Several posts on this. Low reference voltage on circuit A.
Look for chafed wires from ECM to MAP, FTP, A/C, APP, and CMP. And test for 5V reference voltage on each sensor.
Search here for P0641 and
thanks for the advice, i checked all my sensors, was getting weird readings on the APP sensor and throttle body. but after replacing both, it seems as if the problem is the ECM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts