Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P0705 code. "PRNDL" circuit problem. I have replaced the transmission position sensor, and this didn't help. I am reading that maybe the shifter is the problem. Any ideas on this

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Oh I also forgot to mention. The doors don't automatically lock anymore when I put the car into gear and the cruise control doesn't engage when I press the cruise control button.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had read before about the shifter not allowing to remove the key..

But maybe you have a loose wire some where .. since you replaced the sensor..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sometimes if your cruise control does not engage or function then you have a broken wire in the systen, and the computer is overriding the cruise control to engange by saying the brake is being applied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help so far. I am guessing that i may have a break in the wiring somewhere, but i havent found it yet. If i erase the codes, The doors lock once when I put the car into gear the first time, but then I have to wait for approx. 30 seconds because I can't get the shifter to go into gear. Then once it allows me to put the car into gear, i have to manually lock or unlock the doors again because the shifter no longer controls that function. I though that maybe a switch in the shifter was malfuntioning causing this. But at this point I don't really know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.