Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent days searching the web and I cant find a solution. I bought brand new ac delco throttle body with the sensor, o2 sensors, gas pedal with sensor, cut and placed a new connector to the throttle body harness. I dont know what else it could be!!! I have unplugged the battery and clear the codes and it keeps coming back. Funny part is I can drive in reverse with no problem but the second I put it in drive and I touch the gas BAM engine power reduced and traction is turn off. Can anyone please help me out this is my daily!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The throttle body will have a learn process to determine the valve location. Have you tried going through that process with the car idling?

Start with disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU and then follow the procedure that you can search for in the forums.

Good luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
start looking around for some possible wire chaffing and unless you have access to a multimeter or scanner to give you data to check the circuits from the tb to the ecm your shooting blind. so you may want to have a dealer take a look. both those codes are for the tac module performance which is the tb. the ecm stores the idle position and i have seen ecms unable to learn the idle position after a tb replacement which may or may not set a dtc but if it did it would be a p2176

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.