Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i wouldnt reccommend them from what ive seen, and also considering they arent shorty headers they wouldnt fit unless you get a downpipe too.

Id stick with a badmab header if i were you personally. there are a couple bad reviews on them with fitment, but its nothing that their customer service hasnt fixed by sending them a new one.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i wouldnt reccommend them from what ive seen, and also considering they arent shorty headers they wouldnt fit unless you get a downpipe too.

Id stick with a badmab header if i were you personally. there are a couple bad reviews on them with fitment, but its nothing that their customer service hasnt fixed by sending them a new one.
He would also recommend male on male sex^^^^^^^^^^^
Had and still have mine on for a couple years now. If your going to have fitment issue's with the badmab, just get the Pacesetter and make your own downpipe, I did

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
^^if you wanna bitch about something you got hurt about take it to pm...

anyways the option is yours.

Pacesetter (which will likely get a crummy finish over time), and you will need to get the matching downpipe, or make one like twinkle toes.

OR

Badmab (which is stainless) and costs the same (like maybe 1% have had issues though), and you dont need to worry about any downpipe issues.

Those are the facts so the option is yours OP

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Wow, well I have pacesetter. Although I wasn't extremely happy about the fact its a two bolt assembly it works really well. So unless you know how to weld it will cost you extra to install. He's also right about the finish, they look terrible but they are not the same price. I got my header for about $100, badmab is $189.
Over all they work wonderfully and if its what you want to go with do it up. Personally I am not doing anything else to my exhaust so Pacesetter worked out well, but if you are going to get performance dp and catback I would suggest going with badmab because you wont find too many other products with a two bolt system.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Wow, sure is a lot of butt hurt going on around the cobalt forums the last couple days. :laugh:

I have no experience with the pacesetters on a cobalt. But my ex had one on her neon, and fittment was horrible. My Badmab fits fine, and am happy with it for the price. If the pacesetter isnt stainless, or coated I wouldn't want it on my car. Just my opinion.
And make sure you only order one header, whatever route you go. ; )

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
All in all yes.
They do have coated options I just wasn't paying attention when I purchased and got the wrong coat that just burnt off (wasnt happy about that), and they are all stainless just not the 361 or whatever the super high quality is, just 304 I believe.
Mine works, its on, and I get better performance so I'm going to live; but yes I would have saved up for something else if I had known what I know now.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
He would also recommend male on male sex^^^^^^^^^^^
Had and still have mine on for a couple years now. If your going to have fitment issue's with the badmab, just get the Pacesetter and make your own downpipe, I did
where the hell did this come from......

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Lol, so basically just get badmab cuz its a better quality and better fit?

[Insert signature here]
No experience with pacesetter on a cobalt. But personally that was the decision I made. Being able to use a proven downpipe played into my decision as well. And price compared to mid and long style header dp combos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.