Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time to replace my brakes, so I'm planning on getting Hawk HPS pads and Raybestos rotors.

My question is, will the Hawk HPS front pads work in a Non-ABS Cobalt? On ZZP's website, they have you select front or rear, then Non-Brembo Cobalt or Brembo HHR, so that made me wonder if the pads might be different between a Non-ABS Cobalt and a Non-Brembo Cobalt SS.

Hawk HPS Pads

·
Registered
350 Posts
The ABS doesn't care what pads, calipers, or rotors you use. If your wheel bearings are bad, it only matters what hub you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
The ABS doesn't care what pads, calipers, or rotors you use. If your wheel bearings are bad, it only matters what hub you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
This.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In the past on my old car I have used the Autozone gold pads with there new duralast gold rotors that are black in color they held up great and looked good for over a year with no rust :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, so my Non-ABS Cobalt will be able to use those pads. Thanks guys.

Time to start ordering things.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Hmm. Just got an email from ZZP that says that those pads are only for the Cobalt SS and won't fit the LS/LT. I guess the SS used different pads?

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
The SS has different brakes, yes.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ah. I knew the Brembo SS had different brakes. Didn't know the Non-Brembo SS had anything different than a base w/ ABS.

Looks like Amazon carries Hawk HPS for the LS/LT. Those aren't different for ABS vs. Non-ABS right? Because mine doesn't have ABS.

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
I don't have ABS and I have Hawk HPS pads.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These?

Also, I can't seem to find anywhere and just don't know, do I need to buy 2 of these to replace both front brakes? Or is this a full set?

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Yup, those are the pads.

It contains the full set - inners and outers for both sides of the front.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome sauce. I'll order those and the Raybestos rotors.
Rotors aren't sold in pairs, right? I'll need to order 2?

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
No, rotors are sold by themselves. You'll need two.

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Not a problem!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.