Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
XFE (Mike) Used grill paint. . .

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Should be ableto get away with the 500F paint, but grill paint would probably work best, the grill paint is designed for higher temps and cleaning chemicals.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't use engine enamel, you don't want your muffler looking all glossy like that.

I used I high temp rustoleum BBQ paint, gave it a nice flat black finish. I didn't bush it on, I just used a rattle can (although I did clean the muffler a bit with some brake cleaner and alcohol). I think I did 2 coats, still looking good after a few months.

I can't find pics of my muffler right now...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I need to do this also. It looks like I have a big ass pear under my car. lol
Exactly!

Whenever I see another cobalt the first thing my eye is drawn to is that nasty brown muffler and I go "EEEEEEEWWWWW!" lol. "That car would look so much better if its muffler was painted" is what I always say to my mom whenever we see a cobalt or HHR with the "pear" muffler haha.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Nice... Hey, I've never looked under there. Does the stock muffler unclamp, or do you have to cut it off?

·
Registered
127 Posts
i sprayed mine with 500 degree paint, no problems after a few months. it doesnt look great but its way better than stock. i think i would try to clean it better next time, and prob use clear coat to hopefully make it easier to keep clean. the paint is holding up fine, but it still gets covered in dirt easily and looks almost as bad as it was before i painted it. damn michigan roads...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.