Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I have a 98 custom... Wah! Blah blah!... Okay now that everyone's over it. What are the best bang for the buck mods? (excuse the pun) I so far have a Smart Parts Linear 14" barrel, double trigger, I am deciding between the response trigger or going with an E trigger (which do you say is better), and I plan on the expansion chamber (worth it? I was planning on going to nitrous in Feb. with birthday money, just hold off on that?). I mostly a nub, but have been playing for a while, and since my car is almost finished I need a new hobby to get really involved in. lol

Oh and where is a good site with good prices? I already know action village and all, but maybe you have a less known but awesome vendor you go to.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I would go with the response trigger, and there is a modification you can do to your gun, has to do with a braces rubberband and your trigger. If you would open your gun up and see the tripper mechanism towards the back of the gun, right below the bolt action you will see where the assembly is for the trigger, put the rubber band around where there is one already. This will shorten up the amount of travel your finger will have to do to pull the trigger.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
response triggers ftw
I have a 98 custom, starfire bolt, polished internals, milled lines, r/t cyclone feed, car stock, 14 inch linear barrel with foregrip, m16 sights, shaved off 98 custom lettering

I play for the merry band of brothers. We kicked ass at ION with the 101st airbourne

·
Registered
810 Posts
o0 cant help there have no clue about those guns or anything lol speedball ftw

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would go with the response trigger, and there is a modification you can do to your gun, has to do with a braces rubberband and your trigger. If you would open your gun up and see the tripper mechanism towards the back of the gun, right below the bolt action you will see where the assembly is for the trigger, put the rubber band around where there is one already. This will shorten up the amount of travel your finger will have to do to pull the trigger.
I think i heard that one, never did it though. I dont see the part of the trigger you mean.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o0 cant help there have no clue about those guns or anything lol speedball ftw
Speedball is mad fun and the field I go to is almost finished making a regulation X-ball field, astroturf and all lol So I cant wait to play on that

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
dude, Skirmish is the epitome of paintballing from what i've seen and heard! one of these days i'm gonna make it up there for a game.

with a response trigger you don't have to worry about batteries. e-trigger can get higher fire rates. so it comes down to preference. tho the response trigger is plenty fast enough. response trigger is what i'd personally go with.

shinkle, your rubber band mod idea is awesome! gonna have to look into that.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude, Skirmish is the epitome of paintballing from what i've seen and heard! one of these days i'm gonna make it up there for a game.

with a response trigger you don't have to worry about batteries. e-trigger can get higher fire rates. so it comes down to preference. tho the response trigger is plenty fast enough. response trigger is what i'd personally go with.

shinkle, your rubber band mod idea is awesome! gonna have to look into that.
yeah especially since I dont rush wayy up front, but stay back just a little, speed isnt really top priority.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
hey, update on that rubber band mod idea by shinkle - looking at the trigger, it looks like actually replacing the spring with a stiffer spring could also do it, or maybe even a make the trigger a ring-shape and take out the spring altogether...then it would fire as fast as your finger can pull! or even a spring in the response trigger cylinder (behind the trigger) would work.... ah look what you started! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey, update on that rubber band mod idea by shinkle - looking at the trigger, it looks like actually replacing the spring with a stiffer spring could also do it, or maybe even a make the trigger a ring-shape and take out the spring altogether...then it would fire as fast as your finger can pull! or even a spring in the response trigger cylinder (behind the trigger) would work.... ah look what you started! :laugh:
I still dont see what you're looking at lol Where do you put it?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heh sorry got carried away. lesse, are you talking about the spring or rubber band? you can open your trigger part up/take the two halves apart and you can see the spring there above the trigger.
On mine the spring is below the trigger and I dont have a rubberband

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
This is the time i wish i had my gun on me to take a picture and show you guys lol. No if you look at your trigger assembly, look at the trigger (while its taken apart), and you will see on the trigger itself as you travel up it a plastic part that extends off of it, kind of like a pin but its on the assembly and then you look on your gun and there is another plastic peice right by that too, that will take the slack that is in the trigger and remove it so basically you move your finger like a 1/16" and you pulled the trigger, its a good mod. Replacing the spring will work out really well too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
anyone play a version of what my paintball crew call 'civil war'?

it's basically two teams, each standing lined up like a firing squad on opposite sides of a field about 50 yds apart in the beginning, and facing each other. one team has all its members fire one simultaneous round at the opposite team, while the opposite team has to stand where they are and cannot move their feet, make a sidestep, etc. - they can move the rest of their body to dodge, but have to remain standing.

after the first team fires, the opposite team fires back a single simultaneous round, and try to get as many out as possible on the first team. then both teams take 3 large steps forward and both teams repeat their turns of firing, and then moving closer after each round. the team with a member/s standing at the end wins.

it's brutally fun. i've gotten some of my worst welts playing this but still love it. sometimes you will be the only one left standing and have 5 guys still firing at you from 20 yards away, heh.

p.s. - to be out in this game, same rule applies that the paintball has to break. so sometimes you can get hit in this game several times before being out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.