Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally painted my calipers today.. It took a long ass time to sand down the calipers to make them paintable but they came out pretty good.

Tell me what you guys think..

I suggest that If any of you have not done this and plan to, to do it right away. I waited three years ans had to sand off alot of rust!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
looks fresh bro
yeah im waiting for my rims i ordered

msr 045's hyper grey

will look really good

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah they look good.Your car is coming along great. whats next!?!?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Yeah they look good.Your car is coming along great. whats next!?!?
Well right now the exterior mods are on hold for a bit. I have a couple dings that i need to get repaired and thats going to be about 750$+ so thats where my money is going.

But i just got my LSJ DP to finish my exhaust (RS header-LSJ DP-Corsa sport cat-back) so I'll be putting that on in a few days.

My real project right now is my interior! i'm working on painting all grey panels black. Along with some yellow trim here and there. So I'll post pics of that when I'm done. Then probably just factory black seats to replace my ugly grey ones.

But I still have a lot planned for this car!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm usually not a fan of the color calipers, but they look good on your car man. It's definitely coming along. Looks great!
Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it!
cant wait to see it. i hate the gray too! was going to do mine black also, then got lazy. :laugh: now im thinking the glove box and under the steering wheel black, and go from there. have fun man!
Yeah I started with those panels the other day.. The turned out really well except they are slightly glossier than the dash. So i think I'll just repaint my dash also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
looks nice man. i have mine done blue to match my car ofcourse lol but i gotta touch up my passenger front. i took it into chevy to fix my torn axel boot and the chipped some of the paint off.. once again it looks really nice and it flows perfectly and gives it a clean sleek look. good job bro

one thing i would suggest is getting rid of the mud flaps though. im not a big fan of that look on cars.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Look's sweet! I have to repaint mine the paint is chipping off. But I can just paint over the old paint right?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Look's sweet! I have to repaint mine the paint is chipping off. But I can just paint over the old paint right?
If the old paint is chipping, your best bet would be to sand as much of the old paint off before painting over it. Otherwise, it's just gonna make your new paint chip easier

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks nice man. i have mine done blue to match my car ofcourse lol but i gotta touch up my passenger front. i took it into chevy to fix my torn axel boot and the chipped some of the paint off.. once again it looks really nice and it flows perfectly and gives it a clean sleek look. good job bro

one thing i would suggest is getting rid of the mud flaps though. im not a big fan of that look on cars.
Thanks man I appreciate the compliment!
Yeah I thought about taking off the mud flaps but I honestly like the functionality of them. they really prevent a lot of salt and road grime from getting on my doors. So I'm going to keep them.

Best bet is to sand them down before you paint them again. My suggestion is if you have access to a dremel with a wire brush tip, use that! It will take all the old paint off and give you a good surface to paint on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.