Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to paint the ecotec part of the engine cover and it didn't turn out so well... while doing that I decided to stencil on a YC on the other side... it also didn't come out very well lol. long story short, its nothing like what I planned and its all blue lol
btw, the last coat of clear was drying when I took the pic so its not going to be quite as shiny and when its done I'll get pics of it back in

·
Registered
931 Posts
looks good man...

·
Registered
978 Posts
looks pretty good

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Looks good to me. I am gona redo mine and cove the ecotec with painter tape and shoot the rest a blue that is close to my paint.

If you want to I recomend reshooting the areas that you want the writing to stand out in sliver than cover them up and shoot the blue again so it stands out more....

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya I'd rather do it again so its better but I dont really wanna go buy more paint...

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
looks good man. i took mine off for summer and i put it back on in the winter just as a little added help to hold some heat in. Pittsburgh has been really here lately, especially in the mornings(when i start my car the most).

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was gonna do white but I already had blue paint... so blue it was. I was actually thinking about buying some white paint and re doing it with a bit of blue and black cause my mom decided to bathe the dog and got some little dog hair in the clear and the yc isn't quite as good as I hoped it would turn out

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol that was the same with this. I was only gonna do the backing of the ecotec part if you know what I mean and it came out like crap... lol

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I stopped trying to be creative since things never come out like they do in my mind lol I just have artistic skill. But white would look good.
just take your time with it man. it will come out better if you don't rush at all. take a few days if you need to, im gonna try to find a pic of some of the valve covers i did in the past. i took my time and waited for them to dry after each coat and they all turn out great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.