Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Painted engine cover

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  06BlackLS 
#1 ·
So I decided to paint the ecotec part of the engine cover and it didn't turn out so well... while doing that I decided to stencil on a YC on the other side... it also didn't come out very well lol. long story short, its nothing like what I planned and its all blue lol
btw, the last coat of clear was drying when I took the pic so its not going to be quite as shiny and when its done I'll get pics of it back in

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good man...

#8 ·
Looks good to me. I am gona redo mine and cove the ecotec with painter tape and shoot the rest a blue that is close to my paint.

If you want to I recomend reshooting the areas that you want the writing to stand out in sliver than cover them up and shoot the blue again so it stands out more....

#14 ·
I was gonna do white but I already had blue paint... so blue it was. I was actually thinking about buying some white paint and re doing it with a bit of blue and black cause my mom decided to bathe the dog and got some little dog hair in the clear and the yc isn't quite as good as I hoped it would turn out

#20 ·
just take your time with it man. it will come out better if you don't rush at all. take a few days if you need to, im gonna try to find a pic of some of the valve covers i did in the past. i took my time and waited for them to dry after each coat and they all turn out great.

#16 ·
lol that was the same with this. I was only gonna do the backing of the ecotec part if you know what I mean and it came out like crap... lol

#23 ·
I plan on getting my valve cover powder coated black some time in the next couple of months. I found a company here that will do it for me for about $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.