Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
looks hella good man!!!! gotta hey a intake man . not too much on that ... a red strut bar maybe to add some more flair

·
Registered
186 Posts
intake in progress.

whats the BEST for under 100$?
also, short ram? or cold air?
ram intake and cold air will give you the same amount of hp so that's up to you. just look around you'll be able to find a cheap one. if you went with a injen you can have both ram or cai

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
looks good man. you should take out the plastic neck below the oil cap. itll still fit on perfectly just closer to the vc

i would suggest either k&n or injen. bot are in the $200's but nice products. if you really want to do an intake under $100 though, your best bet would be to make your own.

and theres not much difference between cai and sri so its basically up to you

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
nice job painting the valve cover! looks great.
like b-low said, you could remove the oil cap spacer to make it look a little better. and id be careful with the cheap intakes. i have heard bad stories about plastic tubes, and cold weather areas. dont want plastic shrapnel trying to get into your engine.
oh i just saw your in GA. prolly dont have to worry about to cold of weater. id still go with a tested name brand intake though.

·
Registered
450 Posts
that valve cover looks sweet., i was thinking about getting ine polished but i think i may just paint it instead. is there any gasket to replace or is it just silicone?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that valve cover looks sweet., i was thinking about getting ine polished but i think i may just paint it instead. is there any gasket to replace or is it just silicone?
Well i tried to take the valve cover off, but it wouldnt budge free after i took all of the bolts out. So, i just rigged it so where there were rags and painters tape everywhere and sprayed away. i still have to go back and do some finishing touches though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
intake in progress.

whats the BEST for under 100$?
also, short ram? or cold air?
What's the difference between a short ram intake and a cold air intake?*Cold air intakes are usually placed in the fender well area, which brings in a cooler charged air from beneath the car (outside of the engine bay), which is denser and therefore creates more power. The piping is a lot longer than a short ram which means the power gains are not seen until the mid to higher RPM band. A short ram intake is located inside the engine bay and creates power with better response times than a cold air, however the air is not as dense, which means that it doesn't make as much power in the upper RPM region and makes less power overall

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i had mine off to powder coat. the gasket is rubber and can be reused as long as you dont mess it up when taking it apart.

·
Registered
450 Posts
cool. can i just get another one from like autozone in the unfortunate case that it breaks or leaks?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.