Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Painted My Rims

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Gooty 
#1 · (Edited)
been a very long time since i last posted but been away for school and other stuff going on but have been slowly working on painting and cleaning up my rims during the winter season, choose to use the Dupli Color Wheel Paint and Clear

tell me what you think:

Before sanding or anything:

before painting all sanded down

taped up waiting for paint

all primed with Dupli Color Etching Primer

first coat of black

4 coats of black and then 4 coats of clear later

See less See more
#6 ·
Nah the main reason why i painted them was to clean them up the clear had peeled and the black had slightly faded and the inner of the rim hadn't peeled yet so but looking back now i should have, taping them up was the worst part of the whole process

looks really good! what grit sand paper did u use? and how did u prep it, cus i wanna do mine too!
i actually used a 3m scotch guard green pad to scuff the actual rims up first and then once i had all the clear coat which wasn't much to begin with i went back with like 300 grit wet sand paper and finished off the rest of the places and then i used Krud Krutter to clean them all up and it worked well to get all the dirt/grease/wax off nicely and then used tac cloth to clean up any excess dirt or dust from sanding

#12 ·
WRX, hope your ready for repair prices!!!! Go price a front brake rotor for each just for the fun before you make a decision you might regret.

#15 ·
thanks man i wanted to do it right and i really like how they came out

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

updated with pictures of what the rims looked like at the end of last season and before sanding or any prep work

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I have a tat of a evo and am sometimes ashamed to say my next ride will probably be a hatch back WRX or STI only because I have two great danes and they dont fit very well in the balt!!

Let me know if you are interested in trading your LED units for stock plus a little extra.
i already traded with another cobalt member and some cash sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.