Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got winter steelies and wanted to know if there is a way to paint a chrome lip around the wheel? just to give it a little pop

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
you can't "paint" chrome. not real chrome anyway. they do make a "chrome" paint but it only imitates chrome.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Factory steelies? If you paint the wheels right, they do make chrome paint, so it may hold. You will probably have to redo each season.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Chrome paint like spray can looks nothing like chrome. Don't do it. They're gonna look cheesy no matter what color you paint them

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol I think theres some miss-communication here.. I know "crome" spray is just chrome look like crap, I just want a shiny lip for my snow wheels to give it some character... that or I was gonna paint the steelies bronze... but I like the idea of "chrome" coloured spray painted lip ...

nelss someone has another idea that doesnt involve a smart-asssed comment about them being winter wheels and leaving them as they are...:laugh:

·
Registered
103 Posts
they actually do make a paint that looks just like chrome i think it's a two part mixture i would have to find out the name of it i have a flyer with it on it at one time might take me a couple of days to find it not sure of the price depends on it thats what you are going to do unless you are just going with the regular simulated chrome one is www.innate.com looks like the price is pretty hefty on the actual chrome paints another is spectrachrome or check www.chromepaint.comi think this one is in england though...lol

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
good call airbrushler I forgot about that stuff. If it's what I'm thinking of its very expensive though.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Could also try to just find some chrome trim rings for the wheels. I saw a guy in Virginia last fall that had them on his steelies, I think he was from PA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.