Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into converting these two sections from the stock grey to the same shade black as my dash, and before heading to the hardware store I wanted to ask anyone who has already had success with painting these pieces.

-I am planning to pick up satin black krylon fusion spray paint, as I painted my dash trim pieces with gloss white krylon fusion and had a solid turn out. however the glove box has a rougher surface and I am not sure how well the krylon will bond to it. So my question is, how did you guys go about bonding the paint to the rough surface?

-Any help is appreciated, Thanks guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Yeah. Use some acetone to clean the surface.. just wipe it on with a towel and let dry. Then paint. Acetone vaporizes very fast so you don't have to dry with anything.. after about 30 seconds it will all be dried

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK cool...another question I had was that of the correct shade and gloss of black to match the stock black that is on the dash, should I use satin or gloss krylon fusion paint?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done this first with gloss and decided it was too two-toned and went back over with satin then a clear coat. It's pretty easy to take everything apart. The hardest is the glove box, in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.