Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wana paint my interior but im not sure how to do it. To i have to wet sand it then primer it then paint it? Also what kind of paint should i use like a high gloss paint or just a flat color. One more thing i need some opions i have a red colbalt and the interior is like grey shouldi paint the trim black or red?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
paint it red..yess please sand and prime first..make sure u prep prep prep... Use Krylon fusion for plastic...It really depends if u want it shiny or not

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm... but as far as what color... it really depends on what style youre goin for, do u want it to pop or blend? Because either would look good...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for th help guys. Im not sure i think i want it to pop. I just seen a thread yesterday on how to take it all off and i was like i wanna do that.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Thanks for th help guys. Im not sure i think i want it to pop. I just seen a thread yesterday on how to take it all off and i was like i wanna do that.
haha, np... its easy... i could prob do it w/ my eyes shut... if u wanted to get kinda fancy w/ it & this paint my cost a tad more, but do a black w/ red flake... not too much flake... i have a friend who did his cav like that (well he made the paint, he does that alot, lol) & it looks great, the only time you can REALLY see the red is in direct sunlight thru the windows/sunroof....

·
Registered
109 Posts
i painted mine red and it poped i was gonna wet sand it cuz the clear is a lil wavy but i decided i like it

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was reading the thread on how to do it. Do i just wet sand then primer then paint right?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i was reading the thread on how to do it. Do i just wet sand then primer then paint right?
pretty much... on the first sand you dont HAVE to WET sand it, just dry sand it to rough it up, clean it, let dry, primer, let dry, paint... THEN after the paint dries you can wet sand it a bit (but just a little) then let dry, then clear it to get it really shiney... i dont like mine w/ that much shine. so i dont clear my interior peices...

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
o ok well thanks alot. What does wet sanding do to it anyways? im not going to but a clear coat on it

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
o ok well thanks alot. What does wet sanding do to it anyways? im not going to but a clear coat on it
wet sanding just kinda smoothes the crap out of it... at any time i have to REMOVE some paint & start over, or like, change the color of my interior (ive done it 3 times already, lol) i always wet sand... but for the first layer before primer, i just dry sand... if ur not gonna clear it, you dont need that final wet sand... just let the paint dry & ur done... but i guess there are different ways of doing it, this is just how *i* do it, lol

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it seems like you know what your talking about so im going to go the same way. thanks for all the help i post pics whenever i get to it. One more thing lol 1000 grit sand paper right?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
well it seems like you know what your talking about so im going to go the same way. thanks for all the help i post pics whenever i get to it. One more thing lol 1000 grit sand paper right?
hahahaha... that'll work :)... umm... idk which grit i use... i think its 820 or something... i just buy that pack that has like 3 different grits in it & use which ever1 i think i need, lol

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahahaha... that'll work :)... umm... idk which grit i use... i think its 820 or something... i just buy that pack that has like 3 different grits in it & use which ever1 i think i need, lol
Hey then ill do it that way lol

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
will do it will take away because i have never dont it so im going to start one part at a time

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
will do it will take away because i have never dont it so im going to start one part at a time
dont blame ya, take ur time & remember, if you mess up, LET IT DRY, then wet sand it down & start over... there is NO way to learn unless u do it urself... ive messed up ALOT on mine in the past...lol

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dont blame ya, take ur time & remember, if you mess up, LET IT DRY, then wet sand it down & start over... there is NO way to learn unless u do it urself... ive messed up ALOT on mine in the past...lol
Yea ill make sure i do that it seems like a kinda of hard thing to do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.