Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my nearly blacked out car, and I finally got an EZ-pass. As most of you know, the EZpass is an ugly white color that stands out on the windshield. I was curious If I could paint it black to blend in better. Would this effect the sensor, has anyone tried, pics? Input please!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
as long as you dont get paint on the sensor, and dont use a spray paint, you should be fine. The particles from the spray paint get into any seam that it can, and will ruin the electronics inside.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true, yeah you guys are pry right scratching off the list

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Wrap in in dark window tint and attach to W/S with a strip of black ScotchLok.

GTO 1

·
Registered
463 Posts
EZ-Pass..*gigglesnort* i don't think you can paint them. you can try but i think it's like a couple hundred if you give it back to them altered like that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha i didnt realize you had to ocasionally send it back, so yeah im gonna stick with the window tint idea, thanks gto!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought every state had it but i guess its just a few on the east coast. Its a plastic thing you stick on your windshield that allows you to go through express lanes through tolls so you dont have to wait in line, it takes money from your pass account rather than you paying at at both and waiting for your change. You may have it and it may be called something else.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
you guys are getting screwed!!! we dont have toll booths here, there are what, one set of toll booths in canada?????

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hah yeah it blows toll for every bridge, tunnel or turnpike traveled on, and some of them are ridiculous, crossing the Susquehanna bridge in MD is 5 bucks (one way luckily) but image if you drove over that everyday for work.....quite the expense.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Tint Pass

Anytime....... In Va..,, if they are not returned in the same condition they are issued ,,, (X-cept for "normal" wear and tear) you WILL get popped for the FULL NEW cost of replacement... And they R NOT cheap!! Hope it works for ya!

GTO 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.