• leave them and dont paint

Votes: 3 18.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Painting My Rims

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  cobalt08ls 
#1 · (Edited)
im having my friend paint my msr 045's
he does the right procedure. sanding them primer them and painting them with proper wheel paint

but im not sure if i should do black with red stripe or black with chrome stripe

heres my car

im lowering in the spring with sportlines so dont worry about the gap i have now because it will be gone

but what do you think i should do.

See less See more
#4 ·
powder coating would be soo much and i know thats the way to do it but it would probaly cost more than the actual rims cost.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

i know i have seen red lip and chrome. i just cant deside. my whole theme is black and red so yeah

#10 · (Edited)
I decided to be different from all the other 045 owners and just paint them fully black. And than have my calipers red. Will look alot better because all the other black 045s have red or chrome stripe so im going to just do mine black

#13 ·
Im going to look into how much powdercoating will be. If its like 300 im not going to do it because the rims were like 470 and if powdercoating is around that price i could buy new rims. If you properly prep them you could just spray them with proper wheel paint. Like my friend was planning to do.

#14 ·
If your not going to use them in the snow, i would let ur friend do the
painting and go ALL black

#15 ·
yeah i dont use them in the winter
and local shop wants 80 a rim. thats 320 imo is alot. id rather lower my car with that money than powder coat my rims. not including paying a shop to take the tires off. than paying a shop to put the tires back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.