Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got kinda cheated on a pair of used projectors, really its my fault for not taking a closer look at them. ok so i had purchased a pair of used projectors which i think i can work with just some of the rubbers are worn and cracked which i think i can fix, i rounded out the hole for the headlight bulb since i'll be using hids int he low beams.. and i got alittle bit of metal shavings inside the housing has any one taken the 1st gen projectors apart and painted them? if so should i use standard plastic paint or should i prime it up and use high temp paint? also where the turn signal is some of the foil is light brown think i can paint over that foil after i sand the loose foil off? or can i refoil it with something?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ya your going to have to definitley sand off the loose foil. and i wouldnt use a high temp paint just use a good primer and base clear formula. but i dont know about taking them apart i dont see why you couldnt

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
definitally go with the primer and get off the loose foil

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I just painted my stock lights. The best way to get them open is put them in the oven @ 200 for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a pair of stocks painted on my car but these projectors are for my girls balt, i tookt he projectors apart tonight. The glue was easier to get off but still no easy feat. I'm thinking of different ideas on how to paint them should i paint the top white to matcht he body color and leave the bottom half black.. or should i go all white?my stocks are all white and they look nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.