you were smart enough to fix it!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Aap

I was at Advanced Auto the other day and saw a $30.00 "Blackout" kit for Rims. Didn't pick the box up to read but it's worth taking a look in to. I really wish I remembered more that Blackout. Sorry it was a few days ago. I tried GOOGLING (sp?) butttt. No such luck..

After pausing for about 4 hours... and a 2nd google search I think it is a brand new Dupli Color product, not yet on their site. Either way, here are some cool products and some really good painting "tip" video's for us all to enjoy!

Dupli-Color :: Products

·
Registered
153 Posts

Plasti dip
dont plasti dip....when comes time to actual paint them its a bitch to get off unless you layer it ,...which gets expensive at 10.00 plus a can ....just sand and paint with cheap paint .....its gonna come off eventually anyway (Scratches happen and they dont have to be your fault like getting your tire changed)....if you want it forever the only way is powder coating.....which is tuff but can still get scratched ,...but its alot harder :toung:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey I was just thing about doing the same thing. I just popped off the plastic rim covers on the stock wheels. Of course they aren't the greatest but I'm going to just scuff them up a bit them prime and paint with Rust-Oleum.
I've got:
-Fast drying primer
-Gloss high performance Enamel
-Clear Enamel

Basically you can spray over each coat within 15min.
I am planning on doing this tomorrow. Will take some before and afters pics.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Also, I am thinking about painting the drums and calipers yellow. I know that painting the whole drum might look weird, but in my case the stock rims only have few small holes.

Maybe it's not worth my time or the price of the paint. I believe its the dupli-color(sp.) kits (high temp enamel), I have used them before and have weathered well.
Just trying to customize as I go, and wanting yellow/black theme.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.