Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i dont know how i would go about painting mine because i dont know if i technically "have" a valve cover. i have the engine that looks like this *not my engine*
how would i paint that? or can i not?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
that big silver shiny thing in the middle with the filter sticking out of it is the valve cover and i believe it is held on by 10-12 screws that you can remove and paint it. However when reinstalling you can only tighten the screws to a certain amount. I forget how much they have to be tourqed tho

·
Registered
344 Posts
what they all said, just make sure to mask off any holes and the bottom so you dont paint the inside when you do it. ive done mine black, doesnt take any time at all

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well see what i thought was the valve cover was the thing that you had on the engine that said "ecotec 2.2 2.4 or w/e you had" and i didnt know if i could still paint mine. any suggestions as far as color since i have a silver cobalt?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
well see what i thought was the valve cover was the thing that you had on the engine that said "ecotec 2.2 2.4 or w/e you had" and i didnt know if i could still paint mine. any suggestions as far as color since i have a silver cobalt?
since you have silver i would just polish it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If done right

·
Registered
277 Posts
make sure when u go to paint ur vc, that u put some plastic or a big sheet over ur motor so no dust or junk gets inside while ur painting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.