Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I've got a 2006 cobalt ls sedan. Got it on a trade I noticed the dash cluster didnt light up at night and neither do the park lights. (Everything else woeks) so I started looking into it. All fuses are good I've been over the wiring a few times. I put a meter on the park lamp fuse under the hood and I'm not getting any power to the fuse box. Have any suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had it happen on my Cobalt. It was a fuse. I’d have to look at exactly which one it was, but I had a look at the owner’s manual and found it in the fuse box under the hood on the driver side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked all fuses with a volt meter and pulled and inspected but there no power going to the park lamp fuse to turn them on. I changed the headlamp switch today to see if that was the issue but no results. I did put a jumper wire from the headlight fuse to park lights and they all work .

·
Registered
156 Posts
When my lights went out I remembered the fuse was not blown. Luckily I had one to swap in. It just wouldn’t send power through, like it was blow. But the element was intact. That may not the the issue in your case.

I have actually seen some of these lose power with a corroded wire in the fuse box, or even just a burnt wire. Then having to undo the fuse box and install a new wire underneath and route it to whatever was affected. Hopefully this is not the case, but it is fixable when that happens.

I’m not sure there are any exposed ground wires that are related to the circuit. Sometimes they are in a shared bundle of ground wires and will be bolted the the body or frame. If so they can be cleaned to see if they are the cause.

Really with electrical it’s often times a headache trying to find the issue. I had a truck at my shop trying to find out why the ac compressor wouldn't get power. Messing around with that, and come to find the customer had been trying to install a dome light, had grounded it somehow, and burned up the body control module. Only later did we find out about the light bulb mishap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts