Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes I have been experiencing a problem with either my back brakes or parking brake but don't how to sort what the problem is so I will explain what what happens, well I can set my e-brake and when release it drives fine at first and then after a mile or so its like im driving with e-brake set and my brakes get hot and I have to park to let them cool usually a half hour or so then when I start the car up my brake pedal goes all the way to the floor I have to build pressure back up by pumping the brakes. Any ideas what this could be any suggestions would be helpful please.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Drum or disc in the back? Time to take your rear brakes apart and investigate, but I suspect your ebrake is not totally releasing. Losing pedal is probably because you boil the brake fluid if it gets hot enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any recalls or known problems with e brake!! Mine let go rolling down the street hit a tree also couldn't get into car when it started rolling slowly... car doors lock automatically when rolling?? even if its not running?? 2007 Cobalt

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
No recalls or known problem with e-brake that I know of. I always put mine in reverse gear when not running as an extra precaussion.

·
Registered
168 Posts
No recalls or known problem with e-brake that I know of. I always put mine in reverse gear when not running as an extra precaussion.
I have no e-brake issues, but why in reverse? I put mine in 1st.........and pull up the e-brake!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.