Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone this is my second post, first one was in the introductions. Anyways I have a 2009 cobalt ls 2.2L 4 speed auto and I am having trouble finding any information on how to replace the emergency brake cable.

The passenger side rear wheel weights are hitting the cable itself, and the passenger side rear door there is were the cable it self has failed. It’s basically always trying to pull the emergency brake even if the handle is staying down.

If anyone has any information on how to do it in a driveway with only jack stands and ramps please let me know. I’ve already tried google and haven’t seen anything cobalt specific as far as YouTube video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a spair SS rear suspension with e-brake cables for my 08 LS.
I could take a few images for you. The ends at the brake shoes will be just a bit different but the R&R will be very similar.
The cable is just pushed forward into position from under the car into the area where the e-brake handle is. You will quickly see how the 2, e-brake cables connect to the handle.

It pushes into the backing plate at the wheel end of the cable. It then hooks onto the brake hardware.
I can’t remember of any locking bolts or clips at the wheel backing plate. I don’t believe there are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.