Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight when i was leavin work, i was just sittin in my car and i pulled the e-brake up like normal. press the button, pull it up. now all of a sudden it will not lock into place. when i was drivin home the light and the DIC said "parking brake". i looked at it when i got home but everything looks fine. would this be something i can fix, or the dealer. it under warranty, so that is a plus.

thanks guys for chiming in!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
If it's still under warranty don't even mess with it. take it right in and you will not have to pay a penny to have it fixed.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Tonight when i was leavin work, i was just sittin in my car and i pulled the e-brake up like normal. press the button, pull it up. now all of a sudden it will not lock into place. when i was drivin home the light and the DIC said "parking brake". i looked at it when i got home but everything looks fine. would this be something i can fix, or the dealer. it under warranty, so that is a plus.

thanks guys for chiming in!
I'm gonna have to say the same as Blazerlow, and if im correct it's the same hook-up for the balts as any other car for the e-brake, so i'd say disconnect it and disconnect the black battery terminal....i dont really know, just a random guess...?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The ratcheting system is broken. it is a common issue. They will need to replace the entire assembly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This just happened to me yesterday with my 2008 Cobalt, luckily I had the same experience with my 2004 Cavalier back in 2007 so I know what to do.
You'd figure GM would fix this problem by using better Materials after all they're spending more money in the long run on warranty fixes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.