Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s Thursday and the only highlight for the week was showing mustang sally he needs a little more HP for his car. I've had a nagging feeling all morning that I’m forgetting something but not sure what it is.

Oh well, lunch time and I figure I’ll take a long lunch and get the car washed today. I leave work and venture over to my regular carwash. The nice looking blond attendant walks over to the car.

“Deluxe wheel deal, right?” she asks as she leans into the car.

“Wha?.... oh..uh… yes, please.” I blurt out

“Have I told before how much I like your car” she sez with a smile

“heh..heh...Th-thanks the wife picked it out.” I stammered

“She has good taste” I hear her say as she scribbles in her pad.

We’re interrupted by an obnoxious loud and raspy sounding exhaust. I look in my mirrors. Phhht…… Scion w/ phart cannon.

“He should get that fixed, sounds awful” She tells me as she hands me my ticket.

All I could muster was a goofy grin and an even dorkier head nod. She begins to make her way to the scion tC behind me. I glance down at my mirror making sure she clears the door. Watching her walk it suddenly hits me,......it’s valentines day and I haven’t got the wife a gift yet.

I pay the cashier and thumb through some women magazines hoping to gain a clue of what she may like. My search is interrupted by a voice behind me

“How fast is your car?” I turn around and I’m looking at this guy and wondering if his mama knows he’s out driving.

“Speed is relative.” I tell him.

“Well, my car can do 120” he sez so proudly

“That’s very nice, hope you don’t kill anyone” I reply

I guess he got bored or upset cause he just gave me that, you’re an idiot look and took out his phone and walked away. His voice was as obnoxious as his exhaust and I couldn’t help but to eaves dropped a little on his conversation.

“Yea, dude Cobalt SS”………. “I don’t know”…. ”I ain’t askin’ him, he’s kind of a ****, it’s got the big wing though”….......”205?, and my car?”……”cool, So what are..…”

I notice my car come through the wash. I walk outside and wait for the attendants to finish drying it. I glance over at the scion. Silver, nice rims low profile tires that don’t quite look right, maybe the car needed lowering. I notice the AEM, and MAGNAFLOW stickers on the side window. Bringing up the rear is that ungodly large exhaust, no wonder the car sits high, that exhaust would drag the ground if his car sat any lower.

I drop a 5 in the tip box, hop in the car and my way toward the mall wondering what to get the wife. Half way to the mall I hear that awful sound again. I slow down hoping he’d just fly right on by. He decides to pull up along side and pace me. I really didn’t want to listen to his exhaust so I down shift to second. He reacts and flys down the road. I hope that’s the last I hear of him.

I approach the stop light and there he is in the right lane. Damn,…… as I pull up I look over and he’s got a big grin on his face and is eyeballin’ me. I smile as I notice a cop car pull in on the other side of a van where the cross traffic has stopped. I try to warn him by shaking my head no, but when the light turns green he floors it, loud exhaust and all. I wait half a second at the light before I hear the inevitable...*siren*

I drive by looking at the pretty blue and red lights when the perfect gift pops in my head. I wonder if they have a necklace with red rubies and blue topaz, I think she’d like that.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That's awsome! I love your stories. The last one I read I was calling BS when I got towards the end. Then you said "then I woke up to the wife asking me if I was going to turn the TV off and come to bed....lol! Keep them coming man.

·
Registered
265 Posts
HAHA! Always check the whole intersection!

Nice!

Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
hey, thanks for doing up the cop one, that was sweet, had the same thing happen to me and a pal of mine in his done up capri, camaro hit the light, wanted a race, but didnt see the ghost car on our other side, light went green, camaro pinned it, and had blue and red all over him

·
Banned
384 Posts
hey, thanks for doing up the cop one, that was sweet, had the same thing happen to me and a pal of mine in his done up capri, camaro hit the light, wanted a race, but didnt see the ghost car on our other side, light went green, camaro pinned it, and had blue and red all over him
what hasnt happened to you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.