Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave the wife the necklace at the restaurant, a simple silver chain with a blue and red pendant. She said it was thoughtful cause it matched her eyes and hair. She’s a blue haired lady with fiery red eyes…..j/k….. though I have seen them fiery eyes a couple of times….

Anyway, we were leaving the restaurant and I felt I may have had one too many drinks. I fish the keys out and hand them over to the wife. She was a little surprised but she wasn’t waiting for an explanation. She snatched them keys and hopped in the driver’s seat.

It was a nice quite ride home when a car begins to pacing us.

“What kind of car is that?” the wife asked

I bring my seat up to get a look. I look over and see another couple riding in what looks like the new civic. Good looking car I thought “Looks like a civic”

We make the stop light and I see him roll down his window. I comply and roll down mine.

“You always let a girl drive you around?” he sez. I could hear his partner laughing in the passenger’s seat.

“Its her car. Hey is that the new civic?” I yell back

“That’s right, SI model with VTEC, I was thinking about adding a Cobalt to my kill list, till I saw it was a girl driving, wouldn’t be fair”

“Don’t let her fool ya, she can take care of herself. You got any mods?” I ask, probably wouldn’t let me know anyway.

“Don’t need any, honda knows how to build fast cars” he revs his engine to make his point. It had a very nice sound to it. I wondered if it was aftermarket.

I look over at the wife and see that little red glint in her eyes, it’s not nice to diss her. She gives me that “are we faster look”, and I return with the “probably” stare.

We take off from the light at a normal pace, He yells over “Tollway,….40 roll?”

“What the hell, you wanted to add a cobalt to your belt……….you honk it off though” I yell back

He nods his head and takes off. The wife lets him take the lead to the toll road. I couldn’t tell if it was aftermarket exhaust or not, it was a very clean looking car. We slow down as we go through the pay booths. She positions the car to his right. I look over at the wife and just past her nose I can see the blonde in the civic.

“She cuter than me?” I could never get anything past her.

“Baby, only I’m cuter than you” I reply with a grin.

He begins to honk and I notice the wife is still in third, but hand on the shifter. I could hear the civic at a high RPM and ready to takeoff. She timed his third honk perfectly and what happened next can only be described if you saw the movie Top Gun. Remember the scene when Maverick and Jester first go at it. They show in the cockpit when Maverick hits the breaks and Jester flies by. Well that’s what it looked like inside the car, she pushes that clutch in, rev matched and down shifted with such precision it knocked me back in my seat, Click, Click, BOOM, and we were gone…. I hear the supercharger whine and watch the SI slowly disappear behind us. While we're pulling away the wife reaches up, opens the sunroof and give the guy a princess wave………………

·
Registered
869 Posts
Masterfully done! I love these stories man. Congratulate the wife for me lol. She got sisters?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Great story....props to the wife for sure

·
Registered
575 Posts
I hate civics haha nice kills props to the wife

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments and the wife thanks you. It was a nice looking civic though.

and sorry no siblings, She asked her parents why long time ago and they told her

"We had to kill them cause they misbehaved. Why do you think our garden looks so nice" :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
haha.....gotta love that stage 2 eh ?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks for the comments and the wife thanks you. It was a nice looking civic though.

and sorry no siblings, She asked her parents why long time ago and they told her

"We had to kill them cause they misbehaved. Why do you think our garden looks so nice" :)
Dang. I guess ill just have to find some tiny little asian chick and train her to "bang through my gears" :D.

·
Registered
575 Posts
lmao that was hillarious...I do have to give props to the new civic si's they have decent power and good styling...however, it's still a honda.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sweet Kill!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oh i gotta ask. Where did the term "kill" come from. I mean i know what its for when you win a race but when did this become popular? It sounds kind of dumb to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i love your stories. very original and entertaining.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same thing I told the wife when she said that this was the car she wanted. Scariest test drive I've ever been on..:p

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On the test drive she showed us, the salesman and I, the amazing stopping power, passing ability and cornering this car is capable of. I could feel his foot on the back of my seat as we both were hitting imaginary breaks and reaching for "oh sh**" handles that weren't there. :) The girl can drive.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.